1) Need to renew your certification? We can administer the ServSafe Food Protection Manager examination in our office in Augusta. Emailbecky@mainerestaurant.comto schedule a time to take the exam.
Cost for the exam only is $35 for Association members, or $55 for nonmembers. Upon passing the examination, you will leave with your ServSafe certificate in hand.
2) Online Course
- Study at your own pace, and then when you are ready, contact us to arrange for testing.This format works well for some students; others are better served by the classroom environment.
Simply go toservsafe.com. The online course is $125. (Maine Restaurant Association Members, please contact us to ensure that you receive your membership discount on this training).See the instructions above for scheduling the exam once you have successfully completed the course.
3) Classroom: You must register at least one week in advance of the class.
***Please select a class date from the calendar.If there are no classes currently offered, there are other ServSafe instructors offering classes, which you can find by googling ServSafe classes Maine.
Please direct all questions about ServSafe training and products to audra@hospitalitymaine.
ServSafe Alcohol Server Certification Training:
- Alcohol server training is not required by the State of Maine, but is highly recommended.
- The City of Portland does require alcohol server training.
- Many insurance companies require alcohol server training as well.
The online alcohol server training and exam do NOT require a proctor.To purchase an online alcohol server training course, visit servsafe.com, or if you are a member of the Maine Restaurant Association, email firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure you receive the membership discount.