Frequently Asked Questions

If you have a question that is not addressed below, please email us for the answer at

Abandoned Property (gift certificates and stored value cards)

ADA Questions General

ADA Questions Lodging

Age of Room Rental

Alcohol Delivered to the Room

B&B Fire Codes

Bad Check

Bloodborne Pathogens

Child Labor Laws - Hours

Credit Card Numbers on Receipts

Credit Card Info

Denial of Lodging

DOL Compliance

Drinking in Public

Ejection of Guests

Employee Meals

EMV Chip & Pin

Exempt from Sales Tax

Exempt Employees

Green Restaurant and Lodging Certification Program

i-9 USCIS Employment Eligibility Verification Form

Labor Posters

Liquor Licensing

Maine Food Code

Menu Advisory Statement

Menu Labeling - What you need to know

Minimum Wage

Music Licensing



Pesticide Application - Rule Change effective 1-1-07 

Rest Breaks - 30 minute requirements

Retail Seafood Dealer License Application
(Required of restaurants that sell clams, quahogs, mussels, oysters, or cooked lobsters)

Sales Tax - As applicable to the purchases a restaurant makes

Service Animals 

Serving Alcohol

Tip Credit - Credit to Employer (Form 8846)

Tip Credit - Public Law 367 (An Act to Clarify the Use of Tips in Payment of Service Employees)

Work Permits

Teen Work Hours

Tip Reporting


Required Permit \ license list